Want to make a difference? Come grow with us!
Job opportunity for a SOFTWARE ENGINEER
High-tech environment & complex challenges
As a Software Engineer you will work in a dynamic, international, high-tech environment.
Your tasks in this position are:
- Maintain and improve software of ANL tools, specifically our automated microscopes;
- Improve the UI/UX of the software of the tools and their integration with the database;
- Expand database functionality and reporting automation;
- Implement changes as suggested by the research team;
- Depending on expertise, explore django/web-based development;
- Drive best practice in securing company data, both at the on premise machines as well as in cloud-based environments;
- Manage projects on time, within budget and to specification;
- You are responsible for:
– maintaining the current IT infrastructure (machines and network);
– provide specification, supplier selection, delivery and completion of new IT infrastructure;
– Help ANL’s employees with software/IT-related problems.
- You will pro-actively drive ANL’s hardware/network project(s) to delivery.
As a Software Engineer
You are an experienced professional with highly developed interpersonal skills. You will safeguard the day to day running of ANL’s by proactively developing the software base, “solving issues before they appear”. The code that you write is clean and readable, with the appropriate level of documentation. You are a team player and you have a proven “can do” mentality.
We expect you to have:
- Proven expertise on: Python, UI/UX design, SQL databases, Unix (centos7);
- M.Sc in computer science;
- Preferred: familiarity with scientific data handling, reporting;
- Very familiar with Windows, Mac-OS and Linux (RHEL/Centos);
- Familiar with networking;
- Proven teamwork skills working with users and suppliers within the high tech sector;
- Experience leading in complex technical projects;
- You are a pro-active, analytical and a communicative person;
- Excellent oral and written command of the English language.
We can offer you:
- A challenging, highly innovative environment;
- Working with passionate professionals where responsibility and ownership are expected;
- Good employee benefits in line with your skills and experience;
- Flexible working hours.
Are you excited about this opportunity and do you recognize yourself in the abilities we are looking for? If so we would like to get in contact with you! Please send your resume and/or any questions to:
Sandra Langeveld, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call (+31) (0)6 13 01 81 71.
About Applied Nanolayers B.V .
ANL is based in the city of Delft in the Netherlands. We are a high-volume producer of monolayer graphene and other 2-dimensional materials at industrial scale.